Saturday, October 3, 2009

World Communion Sunday

I'm probably not going to have a sermon to post this Sunday. Since it's World Communion Sunday (and because I promised one of the members who is studying this sort of thing at a Christian college) I'm going to take the opportunity to teach about the differing theological views surrounding the Lord's Supper/Communion/Eucharist. I'm very likely going to do this at the Table, which means an outline and notes rather than my customary manuscript.

So, for those of you so inclined to share: what is your take on the Lord's Supper/Communion/Eucharist? Transubstantiation? Consubstantiation? Ordinalism? Something more or less than these? Please take this opportunity to educate a part-time preacher on what the loaf and cup mean to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment